A couple months ago I took a Vince Pitelka workshop(super workshop!) that included instruction on making boxes. Here's the one I made in the workshop.
The box worked, but I wanted something more flexible, softer. I changed the lid demarcation line from straight with tabs to random curves and used glazes rather than clay dots to clarify which way the lid fit.
That still seemed stiffer than I wanted so I tried a couple boxes made from a tube on its side instead of upright, and tried feet on one of them. My intent was to use something like the same glazing technique. I'm not sure whether or not I like the feet. Perhaps I'll know after I glaze them.
Then I tried a couple jars rather than boxes, meaning something that's taller than wide.
The first one has too tall a lid and is too pointed, but I like the bottom part of it. I don't like the top part of the second one, but I like the toes sticking out on the bottom. I think I want to try a vase with this texture--but no toes.
To be continued...