Sunday, October 24, 2010

orchid cross repotted into semi-hydro media

I repotted all of the seedlings into semi-hydro, using the smaller prime-agro.  I should have repotted sooner, since about half of them had some dead roots.  I ended up with:
  • 10 plants with small roots in square pots
  • 3 plants in 4.5 inch semi-hydro pots
  • 27 plants in 3.5 inch semi-hydro pots
#7 is in a 4.5 inch pot and has 2 leads
#34 is in a 4.5 inch pot also with 2 leads
#16 is in a 4.5 inch pot with just 1 lead

#12 is in a 3.5 inch pot and is quite large--could be two plants
#8 is in a 3.5 inch pot and has a fat new lead and a second lead
#13 is in a 3.5 inch pot and has a keiki with a tiny root developing
#4 is in a 3.5 inch pot and has 3 leads, so it's probably two plants
#3 is in a 3.5 inch pot and has very fat roots
#15 is in a 3.5 inch pot, has a nice new lead and fat roots

I'm expecting #8 to be the first to bloom, but I may be surprised.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Janet, you've got some good record on the progression of your cross and I'm looking forward for the blooms.

    ReplyDelete